Peter Getoff, MA, LCSW
Peter’s business is called The Human Equation and he has over 30 years experience in guiding, motivating, and leading people to find the answers when they are stuck, when whatever solutions they have tried are not working. He locates the heart of the problem and assists people to find the courage and trust to find the answers. Peter has an MA in Clinical and Community Psychology from the State University of New York at Buffalo and a MSW in Social Work Administration and Community Organization from UCLA. He is married, lives in West Los Angeles and has a daughter who is a college junior. He is deeply committed to his own personal and professional development and is involved in a number of community volunteer activities.
- Rich and varied experience in wide range of practice settings including child and family service agencies, community mental health centers, graduate social welfare programs, hospital emergency departments, psychiatric emergency teams, and adolescent group homes.
- Extensive experience in middle and upper-management positions in a variety of non-profit and government agencies leading to expertise in consulting with others about organizational development issues faced by middle and upper-level managers.
- An entrepreneur for over 25 years in direct clinical service to youth and families and for five years as a management consultant.
Honors and Achievements
- BA-UC Irvine: Phi Beta Kappa, Magna Cum Laude
- Designed and co-wrote grant funded by United Way for elementary school parenting/empowerment program for Spanish-speaking parents at child and family service agency
- First social work supervisor hired in state of California Department of Corrections Los Angeles region
- Selected to present paper at Council on Social Work Education based experience with group counseling program for ESL high school students
- Selected to present paper at Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health county-wide conference on treatment of parolees with co-occurring disorders
- Board of Directors three years-Beth Shir Shalom
- Board of Directors-Future Latino Leaders
- Member Community Health and Safety Advisory Committee-Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District
- Coach-community recreation center girls’ basketball team
- Coach-community youth soccer girls’ soccer team